Impersonating a Test Student
This help article will explain how you can experience your VU Collaborate space from a student’s perspective by using the Impersonate option.
As an Instructor in VU Collaborate, you have the ability to experience your space from a student’s perspective by using the Impersonate option. For this purpose, each VU Collaborate space has a test student enrolled named TestStudent, space name/code. By impersonating the test student you can view your content, attempt quizzes and practice grading. To impersonate a test student, complete the following steps:
Step One: Access the Classlist
1. Navigate to your VU Collaborate Space and click on Communication.
2. Select Classlist.
Step Two: Search for the TestStudent
1. Click on the box next to Search For and type in TestStudent.
Note: If you can’t see it in the list, type TestStudent in the Search For box and click search.
Step Three: Impersonating the TestStudent
1. Click on the button located on the right of the student's name.
2. Select Impersonate.
3. Click Yes on the Confirmation prompt.
You will now be able to view your space through the eyes of a student. In this view, a new option will appear in your minibar.
Step Four: Stop Impersonating TestStudent
1. Click the drop-down menu on the minibar at the top of the screen.
2. Select Restore.