Importing Gradebook Data
If you manage student grades using an Excel spreadsheet (CSV file), you are able to import this into the Gradebook within your Space. This must be in the correct format, and can be acquired by Exporting Gradebook Data first. This guide directs you on how to successfully import grade data into the Gradebook for a .CSV file.
Step One: Access the Gradebook
1. Select Grades from the Results menu.
Step Two: Import your Excel file (CSV format) back to your Gradebook
1. Select the Enter Grades tab to access the Gradebook.
2. Click on the Import button.
2.1 Locate Your CSV File
1. Click on the Choose File button.
2. Locate the CSV file you have entered grades in and click on Open.
2.2 Import Grades
1. The name of your CSV File will be listed once it has been successfully added.
2. Click on the Continue button.
Step Three: Error Check
1. If your CSV file is not in the correct format you will receive Errors and Warnings.
2. Once errors and warnings have been resolved, click Continue.
Step Four: Preview Import
1. You will see a preview of the data that will be imported in your Gradebook which will note any changes that have been made.
2. For example “ - / 50 -> 40 / 50” indicates that the grade for this student has been modified from ‘nil/50’ to ‘40/50’.
3. Click Import to continue.
Step Five: Confirm Gradebook Data
1. The Gradebook will be updated with the data from the CSV file.